Tuesday 16 April 2013

The bat phone

"Holy smokes batman, CICS has a problem what should we do"
"Easy robin ... ... Call the bat phone"

This is the CICS out of hours support phone.   CICS is a high quality product and doesn't have a lot of problems. Getting a problem happen out of hours is fairly rare.  However since CICS powers most financial institutions businesses when this phone rings the problem could be very urgent.  IBM provides 24x7 support to our customers. This week I will be the person answering this phone.  There are 2 ways this could go:
  1. I end up with no sleep and am very grouchy (no change there then)
  2. No one rings! 

Actually the most interesting thing that I have learnt is that older phones have an INCREDIBLE battery life.  I have had this for 4 days now and it has not needed a charge!  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And here I thought you were going to show a mobile application (powered by CICS) running on your phone!