Thursday 8 April 2010

Wishing I had ...

My wife and I have been doing a lot of exercise to try and lose weight recently. As part of this we record how much weight we have lost everyweek and how much exercise we have done.

Now the key to losing weight is to simply use more energy than you eat, simple surely?

Working out the energy in value is easy, just use food wrappers and the information is there. However calculating the energy used is a lot harder. Gym equipment can help but isn't completly accurate, also what about energy burned when not connected to a treadmill? Just writing a blog - that must use energy!

So I wish that the human body had a data access port (USB would be my preference) to allow me to download how much energy I have used and such like. This would also make a docotrs job a lot easier as they would never need to run any diagnostic tests, just connect you to their laptop and get a complete view of your health.

We could even write software to interpret the data, similar to the jvm health checker. I think this could be a really good idea.

Alas since we don't have such a wonderful port I guess that I will just have to go and get weighed again tomorrow and hope that I am a little thinner and lighter than I was a week ago
Follow me: http://twitter.com/hobbit1983
Blog: http://outspokenhobbit.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Fitness equipment can help body exercise for man and woman. Every day it is use improving healththy lifestyle.The information present here this blog is helpful for the readers.